1246, Apt#205, W 30th Street, Los Angeles, CA-90007
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 213-321-4672
University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
Masters in Electrical Engineering (Electric Power) May 2013
Nirma University Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering June 2011
CPI (Cumulative Performance Index): 8.02/10
Introduction to Power systems Power system analysis and design
Electrical transients in Power system Renewable energy in Power systems
Power system technology Solid state energy devices
Software: Lua, ORCAD, FEMM, POWERWORLD, MATLAB, MS-Office.
• Student Mentor at Viterbi School of Engineering for Spring semester 2012.
Title: Surge Analysis of Power transformer
• The objective of the project was to analyse the reaction of different transformer winding configurations under the impact of surge voltages through FFT analysis.
Title: Developing algorithms for modelling electrostatic and electromagnetic problems in transformers.
• Developed algorithms using Lua script to model multi-winding multi-axial part power transformer, analyse electric stress in between transformer windings and tank, between windings and between turns and model Hotspot problems in FEMM.
Title: Development and Simulation of problems in Powerworld.
• Developed and solve multi-bus problems in Powerworld involving Line overloads, reactive power flow and short circuit faults.
Title: Photovoltaic Solar power project.
• My team and I designed an 110MW photovoltaic solar power project and were able to achieve a LCOE of 10c/KWh.
Title: Colosseum Sustainability project
• I am part of an inter-disciplinary team that will conduct a sustainability study of the Colosseum Sports arena lighting system and make recommendations for its improvement.
• Was a placement coordinator for the Electrical Engineering department in my senior year.
• Founded a NGO called STEM (Synergy of Technical Education and Management) during my junior year, to promote technical and career awareness among engineering students.
University of Southern California
• Member of Campus affairs and Communications Committee of GSG (Graduate Student Government).
• Student Member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics engineers).