Log in or register to follow or vote for this project.
WIT -Tech (Women in Technology) is an IT based venture with a social mission to liberate Bangladesh from the scourge of poverty by employing and empowering young women of Bangladesh. Women play a vital role in shaping society and in a developing economy like Bangladesh women are often deprived of opportunities. In Bangladesh parents are more interested to invest in education of their son rather than daughter. This negligence from the society makes it difficult for women to contribute to their families. WIT-Tech wants to empower women with industry driven education and help women elevate themselves from poverty by providing them with employment opportunity. We believe that by doing so WIT-Tech will be able to reduce, if not eliminate a number of social problems like domestic violence, poverty, illiteracy.
So WIT-Tech is a two tier business. The first phase of the business involves providing tech education to young women at a below market fees. Once students are done with their education WIT-Tech would guarantee the graduates a job in the WIT-Tech workstation, Phase 2 of business model.
Why for women and how it helps society?
- Women takes major responsibilities of family so they often don’t get the time and chance to invest in their personal development
- A number of women, even educated women often sacrifice their career due to competition of time between family and profession
- WIT-Tech is offering women with an opportunity of industry driven education so that they can employ themselves in a job with flexible timing, IT Jobs and financially contribute to their family
- Financial independence of women would empower women and therefore number of domestic violence and social oppression would come down
- Women being financially independent means they will be instilled with confidence and therefore they will be more aware of their rights and would raise voice for their civil rights
- Since WIT-Tech is an only for women organization therefore women would not be skeptical about them being discriminated by any male counterparts which would ensure participation of women from the very beginning of the project