Log in or register to follow or vote for this project.
Kachile´s mission is to promote sustainable development, economic growth and independence within African artisan communities while highlighting the culture, traditions, and values of the region.
The artisan sector faces number of problems due the under exploitation of entrepreneurial opportunities. Some of those problems are the lack of production capacity, skills, bargaining power, innovation capacity, product development capacity, training opportunities and capital, poor design and informal economy.
Kachile aims to create economic opportunities through the development of a viable e-commerce solution for African art and design. Kachile is envisioned as the No 1 e-commerce platform for West African artists and artisans focused on the professionalization of the artisan sector and commercialization of its products. Kachile will provide access to potential customers around the world, while guaranteeing fair pay and decent working conditions to the numerous artisanal communities and individual artist across West Africa, most of which are operating at the bottom of the pyramid. Kachile operates under market dynamics, moving away from pure charity and philanthropy to a pro-poor business model.
- The central problem that kachile.com addresses is the current lack of direct access for African artists to global markets and the lack of promotion of African culture to mainstream consumers.
- Kachile will provide a data-rich, transparent e-commerce platform providing access to potential customers around the world, using the latest web 2.0 technologies
What we do
- Promote and sponsor outstanding artists and artisans at kachile.com
- Develop product lines with artisanal centers and artists
- Associate with local galleries and art dealers
- Retailers, wholesalers, art galleries, interior design professionals, individual consumers in Europe and the United States
- Local corporations and growing middle class interested in supporting local culture