Log in or register to follow or vote for this project.
A child studies in a classroom; then does it again in another classroom called “coaching centre” - in a frenzy of consumption, leading to a significant expenditure by the family - without any significant assimilation of knowledge. The whole system of education is highly biased towards the rich. In a metropolitan city, a student has to spend on an average, about $550 per year for tuitions and then over $3600 to prepare for the engineering or medical entrance examinations. The demand and supply sides are skewed, making it tough for bright, willing and poor students or even for the middle class to afford quality education.
One of the fundamental tragedies that have happened in our overall social consciousness is that we have linked education with livelihood. Unfortunately, education is now seen as a mean to alleviate status anxiety. Now a student is made to pursue a course after analyzing its placement figure, and not by his interest, aptitude and innate capability. We are now surrounded by "sheep".
The manner in which eucation is sold to the masses, it has now turned into a bubble - with 85% of engineering graduates in India being unemployable - we have compromised heavily on quality. Our core aim is to bring about a change in the mindset - where a person chooses a career by following his heart, after realizing oneself.
- To provide lectures (knowledge) for a fraction of the market price. Free for poor students. (Bringing "Quantity" in the education sector.)
- To bring about a change - decoupling education from money - one gets knowledge regardless of economic class & pursues a career regardless of what the placement figures are! (Bringing "Quality" in the education sector.) "Making lions realize they aren't sheep!"
- Online lectures in English, Hindi and other languages at a later stage.
- Online tests, assessments and practice modules.
- Mentoring, career guidance, counselling and providing assistance.
- Outreach programmes for the poor students - delivering services to municipal schools in cities and government schools in villages.