Log in or register to follow or vote for this project.
Give Social’s mission is to empower local stakeholders to strengthen their communities through collective philanthropy and service. Our website (www.givso.org) facilitates local giving and challenges community members to improve their neighborhoods through its unique donation-matching structure. Give Social addresses these needs: Individuals want to see where their donations go and know they have made a difference. They want to donate to effective nonprofits, but do not have the time or resources to thoroughly research them. Nonprofits have fewer resources and have to compete for funding. They are shouldering a larger burden as more social services are needed. Businesses want to attract local, repeat customers, and they seek opportunities to generate goodwill.
How it works:
1. Solicit Project: Give Social solicits impactful projects from local nonprofit partners that are pre-vetted by existing information providers. Give Social confirms nonprofit’s ability to complete the project. Nonprofit submits projected budget.
2. Identify Business Partner(s): Give Social finds one or more local business partners to sponsor half of project cost if individuals donate other half within a set time period. Businesses participate to foster goodwill, engage new customers, and publicize charitable contributions.
3. Activate Ask: Give Social puts the project "Ask" on its website and individual partners make donations. Individuals also encourage their social networks to give.
4. Reach Tipping Point & Donate Funds: Because a successful Ask depends on individuals donating half the fundraising goal (tipping point), Give Social uses an all-or-nothing mechanism to hold the pledges and not process them until the tipping point is reached. At that point, the business’ match is released, effectively doubling individuals’ donations, and the nonprofit receives the full amount for project. Donors and business’ employees can volunteer for the project.
5. Highlight Impact: Nonprofit shares with donors the measurable impact of their giving. Nonprofit submits to Give Social the actual budget, photos, videos, and testimonials. Over time, Give Social’s collection of information on projects will be an online scrapbook of community impacts.